Antibody Screen

Hi J.B. best wishes on a happy and health 99. I was wondering under what circumstances would a doctor or lad order an antibody Screen as part of a CBC with differential test? And just how many antibody screenings are there?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello A complex process produces antibodies by the immune system. They are produced as a result of the body "engulfing" a foreign protein and creating a code to recognize that protein in the future and neutralize or eliminate it to prevent disease or disharmony to the body. Unfortunately, not all antibody production is protective (HIV antibody, for instance). There are many types of antibody screening that medical providers may use to help identify certain illnesses or abnormalities. I don't know the details of your medical history, but sometimes screening for red blood cell antibodies is done by a test called the Coomb's antiglobulin test. It is also important to screen patients prior to blood transfusion to be sure that the donor's blood does not react negatively with the antibodies of the recipient, so as to avoid hemolysis (destruction of the red blood cell). Happy New Year to you, also.

What happens if I get sick again
questions for school project