May 3, 1999
Can anemia affect someones menstrual flow? My girlfriend has been late and blames it on the fact that she's anemic. I feel that we have other problems. Please clear this up.
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Hello, Any source of physiological or psychological stress can cause the menstrual period to be late, and anemia is a physiological stressor. However, I think your hunch might be right that something else is going on. She needs to be checked out by her health care provider.
My Son is Dying, pls help me
Th1 shift and HIV-related fatigue
- Does Your Tongue And Mouth Swell When You Have Hiv?
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- If Tested For Hiv Will It Show Up Postive For Chlamydia?
- Treatment Of Thrush Caused By Antibiotic
- Can You Get Hiv From Toilets?
- Does Hiv Cause Sore Throat That Lasts Long Time?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.