My Son is Dying, pls help me

Thank you in advance. My 30 yr old son has Aids and a t-cell of 2 and a high viralload. He cannot maintain weight. We are trying a new herb therapy to induce hunger. What can I do. Will taking walks help him increase his appetite? Ensure isn't satisfying to him. He is on no protacal because of resistnce. We want the quality to be better than the quanity. Thanks for helping.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

I'm sorry to hear that your son is feeling so poorly. There are several options for weight gain in HIV disease including appetite stimulants such as Megace, Marinol and in some states medical marijuana. Also, anabolic steroids such as Oxandrin, Nandralone and Testosterone are useful in helping to increase lean body mass. Please submit this question to The Body's Forum on Wasting, Diet Nutrition and Exercise. I hope you find some help there. Unfortunately, when AIDS becomes quite advanced, it's difficult for patients to maintain body weight.

A Possible Cause?
Menstruation