|A Possible Cause?
May 6, 1999
Mr.M., In a relatively healthy adult male would regular blood donations(every 8 weeks)cause me to have low iron(38 mcg/ dl)on a chem. profile? Thank You.
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Hello Frequent blood transfusion can cause a slight iron deficiency, and most blood banks have a "cut off " point where donation is not allowed if the iron level is too low. The serum ferritin level is a better gauge for iron utilization. An iron supplement might be helpful, but you should consult your doctor.
My Son is Dying, pls help me
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Flagyl Treat Vaginal Cysts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.