|A Possible Cause?
May 6, 1999
Mr.M., In a relatively healthy adult male would regular blood donations(every 8 weeks)cause me to have low iron(38 mcg/ dl)on a chem. profile? Thank You.
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Hello Frequent blood transfusion can cause a slight iron deficiency, and most blood banks have a "cut off " point where donation is not allowed if the iron level is too low. The serum ferritin level is a better gauge for iron utilization. An iron supplement might be helpful, but you should consult your doctor.
My Son is Dying, pls help me
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- Pain In Urethra After Sex (not An Std)
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.