|A Possible Cause?
May 6, 1999
Mr.M., In a relatively healthy adult male would regular blood donations(every 8 weeks)cause me to have low iron(38 mcg/ dl)on a chem. profile? Thank You.
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Hello Frequent blood transfusion can cause a slight iron deficiency, and most blood banks have a "cut off " point where donation is not allowed if the iron level is too low. The serum ferritin level is a better gauge for iron utilization. An iron supplement might be helpful, but you should consult your doctor.
My Son is Dying, pls help me
- Is Flu Symptoms A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Pain In Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.