|A Possible Cause?
May 6, 1999
Mr.M., In a relatively healthy adult male would regular blood donations(every 8 weeks)cause me to have low iron(38 mcg/ dl)on a chem. profile? Thank You.
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Hello Frequent blood transfusion can cause a slight iron deficiency, and most blood banks have a "cut off " point where donation is not allowed if the iron level is too low. The serum ferritin level is a better gauge for iron utilization. An iron supplement might be helpful, but you should consult your doctor.
My Son is Dying, pls help me
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.