whats the latest?

my partner died in Feb.99 of widely disseminated Ks..ITP, CMV...you name it- I believe he had about seven things affecting him..he had been diagosed in Dec. 98...his two tests cd4 were 80 then 89...they had him on prednisone which apparently spread the ks like wildfire...sustiva reduced his viral load to 770ml in one month (w/combivir) he couldnt tolerate crix..but was naive to the protease and none of the dr.s would step up and offer an alternative regimens I had suggested...does KS follow the strain of virus?..I read 50% will develop Ks over a ten year period...not looking forward to choking to death on my own blood...Im at 253/19000....started zerit-ziagen-viramune Apr. 9th...will know June 8th how Im doing Im hoping my fatigue is depression related...have special affinity for NP's...and impressed with your obvious experience...that's why Im asking on this site...Weary in Orlando-

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello I'm sorry to hear that your partner passed away. Increased use of highly active antiretroviral therapy has contributed to a dramatic reduction in the number of people who develop Kaposi's sarcoma (KS). The incidence of KS in people with HIV is probably around 5%, not 50%.. The combination of medication that you are taking sounds perfect. I think you'll see quite a favorable response in terms of decreasing the viral load and increasing the CD4 count. I hope your fatigue improves also. Thanks for the positive feedback about NP's!

wbc and vomiting
BLOOD