Weird fatigue for two weeks.

Mr. Molaghan:

Hi! and welcome to the Body! I had a high risk exposure 10 months ago( unproteced sex with a prostitute) leading to very severe flu like symptoms 3 weeks later. Symptoms lasted for about ten 10 days. 4 months later I had an EIA and WB=negative I kept taking the EIA every month until the 9th month all negative. After the fourth month I started to showed weird symptoms sore throat, pain in armpit, groin but not swollen glands, white patch on my tongue, dry mouth, herpes. During the six month testing period I was extremely stressed right after my 6 month EIA test I felt an incredible fatigue and shortness of breath for about 20 days ( I could hardly walk and a lot of sweating) now is almots gone. My questios is the following: What could caused this fatigue? I tested negative after 9 months, although Iim experiencing similar symptoms to those of HIV infection. Could this fatigue be HIV related? I had a cbc done all results were within normal ranges except plt 163 which I believe is a bit low. My doctors dont have an answer. Any idea what could it be? Any other tests? Thanks LV.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello! It sounds like you've ha d a difficult and uncomfortable ten months. The fact that your repeat HIV testing has been negative,is reassuring. Many other viral illnesses can create symptoms similar to HIV infection such as sore throat, swollen glands etc. You've mentioned that you were extremely stressed during the six month testing period....stress itself can affect the immune system negatively, even in the absence of HIV infection. Stress management can be difficult. Continue to monitor your CBC (Complete Blood Count) and Chemistry panel with your physician. It might also be helpful to consider a counselling referral to explore ways of coping with the stress. If the shortness of breath returns, contact your physician. Good luck!

Red blood cell indices and recent infection
What is proper testosterone replacement level