Is a retest recommended? Infant Anemia a concern?

I gave birth 6 months ago and since then have been experiencing increasing and debilitating fatigue, dizziness, chest pain and muscle aches. I have a history of multiple partners and tested negative for HIV about 5 years ago. Since I feel so sick and the doctors can't explain it (I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and then told by another that it wasn't!) I was wondering if you felt being retested was recommended. Could these symptoms be HIV related? I am also concerned because the baby is anemic which is unusual. What kind of testing is done for children?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello I would definitely recommend retesting if you've had multiple partners and if your last HIV test was 5 years ago, especially in with the severe symptoms you are describing The HIV testing performed on babies is the same test that is used on adults, although more elaborate and involved testing is done on babies born to HIV positive mothers. The fact that your baby is anemic is unusual and should be evaluated by your pediatrician.

Epstein-Barr and Hiv
RE: Fatigue and Depression starting