Fatigue and hair loss

Hi, Doc. The last contact with a prostitute in october 1994, my first anti-hiv test (in my country:--Asian-- we use Serodia-agglutination) performed in December 1995 was negative. My wife has been symptomatic of prolong fatigue (don't get better after sleep) and hair loss (more than 200 per day,so make few hair on her scalp ). She is very sensitive person and pone to stress. She had been diagnoses of hypertyroid nine years ago, and she take med. 1 year after that T4 test normal. In June 1996, she had routine check up by her company. The CBC was normal, except WBC was 3800 cells per cuml. By these reason, I went to the second, third, fourth HIV antibody test in June, November 1996.,January, April 1997. Both of us were "negative". Right now, she still fatigue and hair loss, but I don't have these. We are 45, 40 year of age. These signs are "HIV" or not. Thank you for your recommendation.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Since you both have had several negative HIV tests, it is clear that HIV is not the source of your wife's fatigue or hair loss. There are many medical reasons why people lose hair (alpaca is the clinical term) Your wife needs a thorough medical evaluation by her physician. Good luck.

Negative antibody test 4 years after HIV contact?
Epstein-Barr and Hiv