|neg elisa and p24 but anemic
Dec 2, 1999
If anemia was caused by a recent hiv infection would the elisa test and p24 have shown positive after the cbc confirmed iron deficiency amongst other symptoms?
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Hello Acute HIV infection does not usually demonstrate a profound anemia. HIV related anemia is usually seen as the result of chronic infection or as a side effect of many HIV medications. Iron deficiency anemia is not indicative of HIV disease, but some people with HIV disease may coincidentally have iron deficiency also.
Is it possible to feel 100% fine during SYMPTOMATIC HIV disease?
Very depressed and fatigued
- Is Ear Infection A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Herpes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.