Anxiety and night sweats

My first HIV test was in 1992 and I became so anxious and stressed that i ended up giving myself symptoms, primarily night sweats during the week of my test. I tested negative. Now I'm 30 and have had "low risk" encounters with possibly HIV+ men and women for the last seven years, receiving oral sex, and giving oral sex with and without condoms (never taking ejactualtion). Now that i've snapped out of my stupidity regarding even low-risk encounters, I've met someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. Soon after we started dating, i started having increased acne around my mouth. I was given aniboitics for this and told it was due to increased bacteria on my skin. Ever since that diagnosis I've convinced myself i'm HIV+ and have started experiencing light night sweats daily and a sort of anemic fatigue. Is it possible to "worry" yourself sick, especially into having night sweats?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Yes it is possible to "worry yourself sick," but you can only become sick with HIV from direct contact with the virus. It's sounds like you're struggling with some unresolved issues surrounding sexuality, illness and guilt. Excessive worry or stress can actually suppress the immune system. It might be helpful so seek some counseling to help shed some insight on these issues. Good luck.

Pap Test
Sharp Headache, blurred vision, swollen glands