chronic sinusitus and aids

Hello Dr. Molaghan- I would like to take this opportunity to say that your doing a great job and helping alot of people. Now my question: I have been diagnosed by a doctor with chronic sinusitus, oral thrush swollen glands in the neck and i'm going to see a neurologist for this trembling shaking of the hands that i have been having. I recently tested negative on elisa but i was wondering if i'm at that stage of the disease where i might not be producing antibodies -last exposure was 4 years ago. I want to point out that my weight is fairly normal and i am experiencing extreme anxiety over this.What is the likelyhood that I have full blown AIDS and i'm beyond that point where an hiv test would pick it up?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

Thanks for the positive feedback. Although chronic sinusitis and thrush are infections that trouble people with HIV and AIDS, these maladies are not unique to this population. Immune suppression in any person can cause these infections. Long term use of antibiotics can cause thrush and also lead to resistant strains of bacteria (including some of the bugs responsible for causing sinusitis). There isn't a stage of the disease of AIDS where the infection can't be detected; in fact, folks with advanced AIDS have extremely high viral load levels. Have you had the Western Blot test? What is your CD4 count? It's clear that you have some infections that suggest impaired immunity, and since it doesn't seem to be HIV, a competent specialist should be able to help with a diagnosis. How's your stress level? High levels of anxiety and stress have also been correlated with immune dysfunction. Good luck. Let us know how things work out.

Fatigue /night sweats
Spontaneous HIV?