Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

symptoms
Aug 2, 1999

hi, this is Alex (22 years old) you asked me what do i mean by "nomea", i don't know what they call it, but i meant stomech disturbence, about 6 weeks ago, i had a stomach pain, i wasn't sure if it was a stomech pain or not, but i felt it all over my abdoman, and i had a kind of reflex that prevented me from eating, the pain comes in the afternoon,,,,,that lasted for about 2 weeks, then i got my apetite back and started eating but not like normal. During that, I started thinking of HIV, and reading about it everyday, and getting scared more and more....after that I had a fatigue and headach that lasted for about 10 days plus itching on my hands and red spots that appear for minutes and go away, and i lost weight( about 15 pounds from 139 lbs my normal weight) during this whole time (about 1 month ), i was tottaly deppressed, so stressed and i almost lost hope !!!!, I went to the Doctor, he told me to take vitamin twice daily and banadryl. i took that for 10 days and i became normal, but now i have a pain in the pines and the itching is back and i have yeast infections in on my tong, both sides of the mouth, and on the of the oesophasage. I went to the doctor, he checked my urine and there was no infections in the urinary tract, and he says that the pain could be caused by the stress i am having!! however, it's been for two months now that i am 24 hours thinking about having hiv.... i can't sleep well, i sleep thinking of that and wake up thinking about too, i feel like my life is totally destroyed....!!!! plus i've never had sex in my life until 5 or 6 month ago. since 5 or 6 months ago i had protected sex, but once, i had oral sex with no protection with a women who migh have HIV...could these be symptoms of HIV this early???? please help if you can..

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hi again Alex, Thank you for the added medical information. HIV testing is important. Symptoms such as yeast infection in the mouth and esophagus as well as significant weight loss are definitely symptomatic of immune system challenge. Although it is possible that severe stress can suppress the immune system, it is also possible that HIV infection can cause these symptoms. Getting tested for HIV can give more specific information to you and your doctor. Something is definitely not right and needs attention. Get some help Alex, and consider some counseling. Although it may feel like your "life is totally destroyed", I can assure you that it's not. There are many professionals in HIV care and advocacy groups available to help. Where do you live? We might be able to recommend some HIV support services in your area…. but for now, take care of your medical needs. I know it's scary. Try to be strong and get some help. JB

Previous
POSSIBILITIES
Next
fatigue and burning sensation in feet and palms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.