Sore Throat

I had a possible exposure HIV. A couple of days later I experienced a sore throat that lasted for a couple of hours. Other symptoms that night include flatulance, muscle ache in one shoulder that lasted a day. No fever, no detectable swollen glands. My question is can you give me any details regarding sore throats that are reported in HIV initial infections?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

The sore throat associated with acute HIV infection is usually moderate to severe in the approximately 50% of people who are symptomatic. It is usually accompanied by other viral symptoms such as high fever, distinctive body rash, malaise, achy muscles and joints, and sometimes diarrhea and dehydration that may require some people to be hospitalized.

in response to your answer
Home Testing