in response to your answer

hi, i am wondering if you could tell me about what you meant by the home tests have been under close scrutiny..are you speaking of the HOmeaccess FDA aprooved home test or others that are NOT aprooved? i beleive it is very important to make this clear because my doctor has assured me that this test is very reliable and i trusted it UNTIL i read that statement so please clarify if you are speaking of the NONFDA aprooved tests or of the ones that are bought over hte counter at all drug stores across america?? thank for your advice, i feel like i should go to my doctor and ask for another one at this point. i was last tested by Homeaccess at 15 months post exposure, it was ofcoarse negative but i am not so sure now. take care..

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Both the FDA approved and non FDA approved home HIV tests have been under scrutiny by clinicians and community activists due to inconsistency in results, and concern about pre and post test counseling. The most reliable testing available is either anonymous or confidential blood testing using the ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) method and confirmed by Western Blot. These tests are available throughout the country in community clinics, hospitals, and HIV advocacy organizations. If you want accurate results, or even confirmation of a home testing kit result, a blood test is your best gauge.

LOW PLATELET COUNT
Sore Throat