fatique and anemia do I have AIDS

I recently have been expericing fatique and anemia. My blood count is 9. My whole entire body hurts at times. My doctors dont know what is wrong. I am scared to take a HIV test. What should I do?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello I don't know which blood count you are referring to, but if you have fatigue and anemia, it sounds like your hemoglobin count is 9gm.Please verify this. First the anemia should be evaluated extensively to determine the etiology. There are many possible sources including bleeding (sometimes internally) Vitamin or iron deficiency, infiltration of the bone marrow by infection, virus or tumor, side effects of many drugs, etc…. Just to mention a few. Part of your evaluation should include a test for HIV if you are at risk. The most important thing now is to diagnose and treat the source of your anemia. If your doctor is puzzled, ask for a referral to a hematologist. Good luck!

30 OR MORE HIV TESTS.. what next..
LOW PLATELET COUNT