seeking info on hiv care and physicians in sf

hi, i have recently moved and i am trying to get info for my cousin who is positive in san francisco. he is not feeling well and has had trouble getting insurance because he is not working yet. he had adap in new york and they were very helpful but here in sf they are not helpful at all and told him he could only have it temporarily and could not see a physician unless at a clinic and he had any doctor he wanted in ny and they were very kind to him. here they keep giving him the run around and i am very frustrated myself because he is not well and does not know where to resource. any help you can give me on finding a physician, medical assistance, etc. would be greatly appreciated. i have exhausted alot of avenues and do not know where to turn next. if you can give me websites, physician referrals in the area, etc. i would be thankful.

dennis

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Dennis You may refer your cousin to the Positive Health Program on Ward 86 at San Francisco General Hospital. This is the out patient clinic where I work. We provide primary care to people with HIV disease and AIDS. Folks who are not insured are not turned away. Payment arrangements are made on a sliding scale basis, and the majority of our patients have no insurance. Social workers and eligibility workers are available also. The telephone number is (415) 476-0828. Ask for a "new patient appointment."

HIV+, treatment naive, major fatigue -- help please
WHERE TO FIND A FATIGUE CLINIC OF GOOD SCIENTIFIC STANDARD