More a Thanks than a question

Dear JB--

Early on I posted a question for you and the answered helped me immensely.

I had sought the HIV test because of my fatigue, initially, and my question to you was about laymen's resources on the topic. You told me to consider going back over the fatigue checklist with my doctor.

I followed that advice at my last visit. Just that little push from you, or that reminder to communicate, helped us form an action plan to confront this on-going problem. Nothing has been resolved, but nothing is misunderstood, either--the doctor understands my priorities and I understand his perspective on it.

Continue to urge people to take this simple step. I was surprised at how receptive my doctor was to my more aggressive approach in my own treatment. I always ask a lot of questions; now we are learning how to direct the answers.

Thanks,

Mark

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Dear Mark

Thanks for the feedback. Your systematic approach to improving communication with your doctor is bound to enhance the therapeutic relationship. Validating priorities is vitally important for both the patient and the medical provider. Good work. Keep us all posted of any change or progress in your treatment plans. JBM

Dear JB-A follow-up
Opportunistic Infections related to Fatigue