Another follow-up

Dear JB--

I last gave you a progess report on May 12--here's the next one!

Unfortunately, I had a return of extreme fatigue in June...and it's curious as to why. Nothing noticable changed and my recent blood test confirms that my viral load is below 400 copies and my CD4 cells climbed to 314 (not bad results, and I'm suitably happy). I have had a resident bug that hasn't been tracked down yet. Intermittent fever and a localized return of night sweats. When it's asserted that fatigue is complex, one is not kidding.

As I consider psychological factors, I have to honestly say that my head is pretty clear of HIV fog. I've joined my community's Aids Action Group, I write a column for a local gay monthly paper on living with HIV, I'm an AIDS Buddy and the local organization has asked me to be a one-person Speaker's Bureau and to facilitate an HIV Support Group. It's wonderful to feel connected--so while I don't discount psychological factors (or the blocking of them), I don't believe they are significant.

If my doctor (a saint in an infectious disease specialist's clothing) can track down the culprit, I'll be sure to check in with the story. I enjoy the forum so much!

Regards, Mark

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hi Mark It's great to hear back from you. Your immune studies sound good. Hopefully, by the time you get this response, you and your doctor have figured out the culprit behind your recurrence of the fever, night sweats and fatigue. I also want to acknowledge your astute observation regarding the complexity of fatigue. It's great that you're well connected and volunteering with the local AIDS organizations. Your help is definitely needed and appreciated. Be careful that you don't over extend yourself especially while you're not feeling quite up to par. Thanks for keeping us informed! I hope you're feeling better.

Realizing I'm not alone... just tired.
Getting back on track