|a tall dude
Apr 21, 1998
In what ways does AIDS cause fatigue?
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Major sources of fatigue in HIV disease include:
1) Active disease process (acute or chronic). 2) Rising viral load and inadequate response to antiretroviral treatment.
3) Anemia (lack of red blood cells) caused by medication side effects or a disease that hurts
the bone marrow.
4) Depression-a major source of fatigue, that the patient is sometimes unable to identify him/herself. 5) Dehydration-symptoms can be subtle.
6) Hypogonadism in men (decreased production of the hormone testosterone).
7) Inadequate function of the adrenal glands.
8) Weight loss and poor nutrition.
These are a few of the major points to discuss with your medical provider. A thourough history and physical exam as well as a symptom specific discussion can frequently identify the source of fatigue and result in successful treatment and improved quality of life.
reasearch help. I have a guestion for my term paper.
Newly hiv+ but lacking energy all the time.
- Is White Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes During Seroconversion
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.