Healthy yet fatigued

I am HIV+ with an undectable viral load and TCell count of @ 700. I had PCP and Cryptoccocal Meningitis in the summer of 1997. My current regimen of Combivar, Viracept, Septra, Zovirax, and Diflucan seem to be working so I do not want to change it. Is there any way to naturally increase my energy level? Would exercise or herbal remedies help? After work I am exhausted and can not do anything but go to bed. And I have a desk job.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello What a great recovery from PCP and cryptococcal meningitis! You're absolutely right about not changing a medication regimen that is working so well. Have you checked your hemoglobin level recently? Combivir and Septra can cause anemia and subsequent fatigue. If your hemoglobin level is less than 10 gm/dl, you should talk to your physician about anemia treatment. Exercise is a great way of increasing energy. A consistent light to moderate daily routine will improve your sleep patterns and general overall sense of well being. Try a short nap when you get home from work (no longer than 15-20 minutes). Some other successful approaches to energy enhancement (shared with me by patients) include yoga, acupuncture, mid day naps, and eating frequent small meals instead of three large meals daily. Good luck.

Would Like Your Opinion
What is the checklist?