What Tests Should I Ask For re: Fatigue?

Hi, I think my situation is not unique. I have such fatigue that sometimes going to the mailbox is an aerobic event... let alone doing anything else... My doctor doesn't seem terribly concerned about my complete lack of energy. After all, with the Crixivan, D4T and 3TC, my t-cells are 600-800, and viral load has been undetectible below 50. So according to my blood work, I've never been better. According to me, I've never felt worse. I'm sure depression is part of it as well... but really I do think it's a physical, chemical reaction to treatment.

A note: I hurt my shoulders (doing a Richard Simmons tape -- I'm so ashamed...) and at first I was put on some steroids to cope with it. During this period... I actually almost felt like my old self again... it was, well -- strange.

Now that I'm only in physical therapy with no drugs... I'm back to the old -- and I mean OLD FEELING -- me.

What can I do? Here in Dallas, I can't even find a holistic practitioner who wants to take me on!

Mark

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hi Mark Sorry to hear that you're feeling so run down. Early in your question you mentioned that depression is part of the problem. I think you should pursue this. Depression is frequently a chemical as well as psychological phenomenon, and can cause debilitating fatigue. Frequently, treatment of depression results in increased energy. You may well be experiencing adverse effects of the medications, even though your viral load and CD4 counts look good. You may also want to discuss other potential sources of HIV related fatigue with your physician, such as anemia, low testosterone levels, metabolic abnormalities, dehydration, nutritional deficiencies etc. If everything looks normal, you may want to discuss a change in your HIV cocktail to see if it improves your quality of life. Good luck….and don't be ashamed about the Richard Simmons tape injury!

Is Fortavase responsible for my Lethargy?
How soon?