Sustiva and drowsiness/fatigue

Any reports that Sustiva causes abnormal drowsiness or fatigue? I've been taking it as part of a combo for 4 months. I feel lousy/hung over in the morning, and some days I feel like I'm just going to pass out and nap for hours during the day. As far as I know all my other labs look good, and the new combo has reduced my VL and increased my CD4.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Yes. In clinical trials, almost half of the people taking Sustiva reported central nervous system side effects such as bizarre dreams. Abnormal sleeping pattern, fatigue, difficulty concentrating and some confusion. These symptoms last four to six weeks in most patients and then disappear. The fact that you've felt lousy for 4 months worrisome. Can you correlate the fatigue with when you started taking the medication? If so, it might be helpful to talk to your physician about changing your regimen, if it is indeed affecting the quality of your life so severely. Some patients that I work with find it helpful to take two pills at bedtime and one pill in the morning to help minimize side effects. Good luck!

Immense fatigue
Fatigue or depression?