Testosterone & hiv combo therapy

I am on self injections of testosterone (200ml) twice a month. I am also on combivar, viramune, viracept & fortivase. My problem is even with the bi-weekly injections I am still extremely tired. I go to bed about 11pm and can't seem to get out of bed til noon, then back in bed for a nap around 3. I have been checked for anemia so that is not a problem. Any suggestions on what I can do or look for would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Since you are not anemic, then it's important to look for other sources of your fatigue. You may need a higher dose of testosterone, depending upon the level of hypogonadism you have. Many patients require higher doses than 200 mg. (which is considered physiologic replacement). Injectable testosterone usually peeks in about 7-10 days, and many people feel a " slump" in the energy level. Have uyou ever tried the testosterone patch? It delivers more constant levels of testosterone than the injection. What is your viral load and CD4 count? Is your current antiretroviral regimen effective? Are you eating well? Also, clinical depression can cause profound fatigue. Have you been evaluated for adrenal insufficiency? These are some of the points to bring to your next doctor's appointment. Let us know how things turn out.

Central fatigue and HIV
Too screwed up to tell.........