Central fatigue and HIV

After more than 12 years of HIV-related fatigue in a good contestual clinical situation (CD 4 > 500; Viral Load below the limit of the method). My doctor have found a possible specifical cause for the fatigue with low levels of some aminoacids, especially tryptophan, and high urinary serotonin.

What is your opinion of what is call "central fatigue"? Are there any connection with HIV infection? What are the possible therapy

Thank you for your attention

Daniele

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

This is the first I've heard of "central fatigue." I'd be very interested in reviewing any information correlating the fatigue with imbalances of these substances. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter and many of today's antidepressants are inhibitors of serotonin re-uptake, and work very well. Clinical depression is a major cause of fatigue, so therefore, correcting the supposed imbalance frequently helps the depression and fatigue. Is your physician offering you some sort of treatment? Let us know.

Always fixable?
Testosterone & hiv combo therapy