Fatigue and vertigo?

I'm having trouble with fatigue and vertigo, as are some of my HIV+ friends. My legs sometimes feel very "wobbly" and this gives me a problem that feels a lot like vertigo, especially when using the stairs or escalators (the worst.) I don't think the fatigue could be wasting-related, since I've gained 5 pounds over 2 years of HIV treatment. I'm wondering is this fatigue and attendant vertigo is HIV-related or treatment-related. FYI, I am taking Viracept, Epivir, Retrovir, Bactrim and Diflucan.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

Fatigue and dizziness that feels like vertigo can be signs of anemia. If your Red blood cell count is low, it can cause decreased oxygen delivery to important cells of the body including the muscles (wobbly legs) and brain (dizziness). Two of the medicines that you are taking (Retrovir and Bactrim) can cause some suppression of the bone marrow and result in anemia. Discuss these symptoms with your physician and review your complete blood count (CBC). If you are anemic, you may benefit from treatment with Procrit. Even if your CBC is normal, these symptoms need to be evaluated by your medical provider. It might alsbe wise to review your nutritional habits. Good luck. Let me know how things turn out.

Anemia & Blood Transfusion
Energy level up... is it the Testosterone?