anemia & anorexia?

I am now a 14 yearold female. When I was 13 and early 14 I was anorexic. I was a pretty bad case but I eventually got over it mostly with counseling, will power, and my friends' support. I regained most my weight over the next few months but not my strength.Now, (months later) I continually experience dizzyness, exhaustion, weakness, disorientation, fatigue, depression, tiredness, difficulty sleeping, head aches, heart and chest pains, breathlessness, rapid heart beats, dehydration, and occasionnal fainting. I am always extremely pale. By researching several sub topics of fatigue online I realized I had many symptoms of several types of anemia. (iron-deficiency, pernicious, folic acid-defiency anemia, ...)

I am currently seeking a doctor's help but I'd like to hear another's opinion prior to the appointment.

Is it common for former anorexics to develop anemia, as I have heard?

From my list of symptoms does it appear at all probable I have a type of anemia? Mild or severe, if so?

Thank you for your time.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

Congratulations on winning your battle with anorexia. It can be difficult to confront! People who suffer from anorexia can definitely become anemic due to dietary deprivation of essential nutrients responsible for development of healthy red blood cells. You've done a good job on your research. You didn't mention if you have HIV disease, but with all of the symptoms you're experiencing, I think you made a wise choice by seeking a doctor's help. Good luck!

Calf Pain and cramps during jogging, general anemia.
HIV+ Woman with Low Hemoglobin count