Human Parvovirus B-19 caused my Anemia

Will treatment with IGG Infusion and Procrit increase production of normal red cells and reduce frequency of blood transfusions? I am 35yo, Heterosexual, Female. CD4 = 178 (increased from 0 in past year) Viral Load 5,000 (decreased from 300,000 in past year) Current treatment: Crixivan 800mg 3xdaily, Zerit 40mg 2xdaily, Epiver 150mg 2xdaily, Diflucan 100mg 3xweekly, Amitriptylene 25mg 2xdaily (peripheral neropathy in extremities)Kidney function appears to be normal, Procrit was suggested anyway.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Human parvovirus B19 has been identified as a source of anemia in many patients with HIV disease. The standard treatment is with intravenous immunoglobulin (IgG) which is known to contain antibodies specific to B19. Most people respond well to this treatment. This treatment controls and may cure B19 infection and eliminate the anemia. Procrit is useful in patients with treatment related anemia. It is most successful when used in patients who are anemic and whose endogenous erythropoietin level (determined by a blood test) is less than 500 ug/ml. Congratulations on such a great response to treatment (CD4 from 0 up to 178). I hope you continue to do well.

Why am I anemic?
To Treat, or Not To Treat....