Macrocytic Anemia

I am female, HIV- and have macrocytosis. My folate level is 7.1 and my B-12 level is 487, my last RBC was 3.2, MCV 102.4 and MHC 37. (I also have a consistenly low lymhp% count and high ABS granulocyte and ABS monocyte count, yet the mono test was negative) Since my MCV and MCH values are so high, what else could be causing this?

Do some poeple have a congenital or familial type macrocytosis?

Also, could a TSH level of .87 be considered low enough to receive some type of treatment?

Thank you.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Macrocytic anemia in a person with HIV disease is usually seen as a result of treatment with Retrovir (AZT). Since you are HIV negative, I would recommend that you consult with a person who specializes in Hematology. Good luck.

Fam Iron
Tired-But Getting No Relief