Anemia, Parvo,Procrit and IGG

You may remember my telling you of my recurring anemia and the treatment recommended. Well it turns out that the amount of Procrit prescribed wasn't quite "adequate". I was prescribed only 4,000 units three times a week and am now told that I should have been receiving 40,000 units a week. The oversight has been corrected and I'm hoping that the increase will make a drastic difference. I still haven't received any definite answers about the frequency or amount of IGG that should be administered. If you have any suggestions or know of where I can go to find out, I would appreciate any insight you can offer. It seems my physician is far too busy to thoroughly investigate this problem. By the way, I will be seeing a new physcian this month. Maybe he will have more time to spend on my care.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello It's good to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear about the sub-optimal dosing of Procrit. Hopefully, the higher dose will be effective for you. I'll contact one of my colleagues in Hematology to see if I can get you more specific information regarding the standard of care regarding immune globulin dosing for parvovirus. Hang in there! You've done a great job overcoming barriers in the past.

Bactrim and anemia
Always Cold & Bruises Easily