Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Anemia, Parvo,Procrit and IGG
Jan 11, 1999

You may remember my telling you of my recurring anemia and the treatment recommended. Well it turns out that the amount of Procrit prescribed wasn't quite "adequate". I was prescribed only 4,000 units three times a week and am now told that I should have been receiving 40,000 units a week. The oversight has been corrected and I'm hoping that the increase will make a drastic difference. I still haven't received any definite answers about the frequency or amount of IGG that should be administered. If you have any suggestions or know of where I can go to find out, I would appreciate any insight you can offer. It seems my physician is far too busy to thoroughly investigate this problem. By the way, I will be seeing a new physcian this month. Maybe he will have more time to spend on my care.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello It's good to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear about the sub-optimal dosing of Procrit. Hopefully, the higher dose will be effective for you. I'll contact one of my colleagues in Hematology to see if I can get you more specific information regarding the standard of care regarding immune globulin dosing for parvovirus. Hang in there! You've done a great job overcoming barriers in the past.

Previous
Bactrim and anemia
Next
Always Cold & Bruises Easily

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.