Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Me again, the IGG addict....
Feb 24, 1999

Thank you for checking into the dosage for me, I hope you can find something definite. Now we've added Anadrol 50 to the program since I have a terrible wasting problem. I haven't had a transfusion in a month now and my last IGG was around the 20th of December. It's too soon to tell if this is going to work or not but I am still thinking positive. Thank you for your supportive comments. B.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hi B. I haven't forgotten about you. The hematologist that I consulted with has been out of the country. As you have previously noted, there seems to be some disagreement regarding IgG dosing. The treatment doesn't guarantee that the serum will definitely have antibodies to parvovirus. It is hoped that the pooled serum from thousands of donors might have antibodies to parvo. The Anadrol is a good idea for treatment of HIV related weight loss. Interestingly, one of the potential side effects of anabolic steroids is an increased red blood cell count. I hope your doing OK. I'll keep you informed of any new information.

Previous
AZT related side effects
Next
What Advice Do You Have?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.