Post chemotherapy anemia

I am suffering from anemia after 3 months of chemotherapy . I am taking iron pills and eating very well. Is there anything I can do to speed up the healing process so that I dont feel so tired all the time? I am also working out 5 days a week is this not a good idea while being anemic?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Although I don't know the details of your chemotherapy regimen, I do know that Procrit (erythropoietin alfa) is an approved and excellent treatment for chemotherapy induced anemia in many patients. Working out is great, but if the hemoglobin level in the blood is too low, oxygen transport to vital cells and tissue is impaired and may leave you dizzy and exhausted. What is your hemoglobin and red blood cell count? You might consider discussing Procrit with your doctor. Good luck.

AZT related fatigue - options fo help
AZT related side effects