The question is long but a short reply will do

Dear Dr. Frascino

Hello.I am trying for the 4th time to get answer to my questions which i never got before.I think the friendly way you answer questions made me write to you thinking that most probabaly i will get an answer this time .

I had an exposure which would be considered low risk ie a vigrous hand job and a vigrous massage.I would not have worried about it ,but bec of these few things

1) I developed very painfull lump near left of belly button after 25 days of exposure,which slowly went away.now after 6 months i have lot of lumps in left side of stomach which can be felt and are very painfull.are these lymph nodes.where are the lymph nodes for stomach located and do they go up during or after intial infection.everybody talks of groin ,neck and armpit nodes,what is the relation of hiv with stomach lymph nodes in early infection.

2)Is it common for the Eosinophils to go high after recent hiv infection.I got cbc done and it came back at 10 normal range 0-7.i have never had any allergies or parasitic infection. 3) my Triglcerides went to 220.I read somewhere that due to changes in way the body stores sugar after intial infection the Triglycerides go up.

Please please dont dishearten me by not answering.The risk was low but suddenly evrything has started pointing towards only one thing HIV.I am just worried and worried and worried.Thanks

With all that flattery and buttering-up, how could I resist answering? But let me remind all our readers that we have a whole expert forum devoted to answering these questions - Forum on Safe Sex and Prevention. However, since this is your 4th attempt and you requested only a brief response, I'll try to set your mind at rest (and prevent any "disheartenment").

First of all, the risk of contracting HIV from a vigorous massage and vigorous hand job is non-existent. So, unless the massage was extreme enough to qualify as a World Wrestling Federation match, you are not infected.

I'm a bit curious as to why you feel that "suddenly everything has started pointing towards only one thing - HIV?" Did I miss something? None of your symptoms are even vaguely suggestive of HIV infection. Briefly, "belly button lumps" 25 days after exposure that slowly resolved are unrelated. The lumps you described are probably not lymph nodes. Lymph nodes that drain the stomach are located deep inside your abdominal cavity. If you are pushing hard enough to feel those (quite impossible, really), I won't be surprised if you're in some discomfort. An eosinophil count of 10 is mildly elevated and usually reflects a mild allergy whether you have symptoms or not. It's unrelated to HIV. Your triglycerides most likely reflected the Big Mac and fries you ate before your blood test; again, not related.

Now, I want you to stop poking around on your belly. If you have some lumps, let your doctor check them out. You need to relax. Maybe you should get a massage. Ooops! Strike that! Bad idea!

I do agree with your last sentence: You are indeed "just worried and worried and worried!" One thing: You are not HIV-infected. OK?

Chronic Benign Neutropenia
is there anemiain aids and why