What do I eat?

My doctor has told me that I am slightly anemic. I was curious as to what I am lacking in my diet and different ways of obtaining what I lack. Thank you for any information.

Christy Lynn

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Hello Christy Lynn Anemia is usually a sign of an underlying cause for decreased red blood cell production. The source of the anemia must be identified, if it is to be adequately treated. Women frequently suffer from iron deficiency anemia, especially during the menstrual period. Do you have HIV disease? If so, the causes and treatment of anemia are varied. Foods that are rich in iron may be helpful, such as red meat and dark green leafy vegetables. I would need a bit more of your medical history to comment further.

AZT related fatigue
Am I anemic? I wasn't before, can I be now?