anaemia and 'nodding off'

I am a 45 yr. old male suffering from chronic HCV and significant anemia due to ribavirin therapy. One of my symptoms is that, besides general fatigue and some unsteadiness, I 'nod off' frequently. My girlfriend is convinced I am 'on something', given my unfortunate past. Is is not possible to 'nod off' and otherwise manifest as if narcotic intoxicated due to the combo of HCV and significant hemolytic anemia? I am getting tired of her accusations. can you help me set her straight?

Thank you

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Severe anemia can cause a person to "nod off" due to excessive fatigue. When the hemoglobin level (oxygen carrying component of the red blood cell) falls too low, you can feel dizziness, headache, fatigue, and shortness of breath and feeling very run down. What is your hemoglobin level? Have you discussed treatment of the anemia with your physician? Clinical studies are currently underway nationwide looking at treatment of Ribavirin induced anemia with Procrit. Discuss this with your physician. Good luck.

RBC&Hemo Counts-WHEN is it Anemia?
how to reduce side effects of iron pills