is hpv commen in women without hiv

dear doc,hi, i had alow risk exposure,by which i mean the guy did not penetrate me totaly and did not come in me,i was tested 4 months after and was neg,so was the guy,a month down the line i was dignosed with hpv related mild cervical dysplasi and a weird vaginal infection, i tested neg for yest,bv,trich but the strange thing is that infection still persists,theres a thin white,itichy discharge,which is not reacting to metragylor diflucan,before this a vaginal culture showed pos for steptoloccai,i dont konw what to do about my condition,do i have hiv,do all hiv pos women have hpv,can you be hiv neg and still have hpv please help me as i 'm allmost suicidal please reply as soon as possible,

Response from Dr. Aberg

Slow down and take a deep breath.

HPV is not the same as HIV. HPV is human papilloma virus and is associated with genital warts and cervical cancer. Not everyone who gets HPV gets cervical cancer but it does increase your risk. It is critical that you have good follow up care for your cervical dysplasia so please make sure you see your gynecologist.

So, not everyone with HIV has HPV and not everyone with HPV has HIV. Anyone with a sexually transmitted disease, should be tested for HIV.

As far as if you have another infection or not, I cannot say. During a normal hormonal cycle, women experinece different secretions. A thin, white discharge may be normal. You seem rather anxious and worried which may be causing you to "feel" symptoms. Go back to your gynecologist and have another examination.

Use condoms! Don't place yourself at risk! Other sexually transmitted doseases such as chlamydia and gonorrhea can cause serious infection and even make you infertile (unable to have children.

Sunken Breast
Testing