Fatigue/Fever HIV Positive and no health insurance

A friend of my (realy)has had a fever (100 to 104.8) for several months. He lost his job, now he has no health insurance. I finally convinienced him to seek public health care. He was tested a week ago, it was HIV positive. He had blood taken for testing and will not see a doctor for two more weeks. He is very fatigued and the fever is always 102 to 104. He has lost a lot of weight (145# to 125#). He looks terrible. My question is can he wait two weeks to see a doctor ?

I wish everyone had friends like you! Your friend sounds quite ill. I do not believe he should wait 2 weeks to se a physician. If he can't be seen at the public health HIV clinic and is running high fevers, he should go to the Emergency Room for an evaluation. I'm not surprised he's fatigued, considering the recent HIV diagnosis, 20-pound weight loss, and high fevers for several months. I don't know where you are writing from, but if it's in the U.S., check with your local AIDS hotline or AIDS service organizations to get your friend hooked into the system as soon as possible. Don't wait, act now, encourage and assist your friend to get help now. "That's what friends are for!" Thanks for being a true friend. Write back with more information if you need additional advice.

RJF

Keep the humor....
Help