free test/versus total testosterone

My testosterone level is 800, But my old Dr. used to look at free testosterone which for me was always low normal. My question is:If your total testosterone is normal but your free test. is low and you are extremely fatigued/should you supplement?

Another testosterone question! Must be a full moon out there tonight. Most physicians measure just "total" testosterone, which includes both the free and bound fractions. 800 is usually considered normal in most laboratories. The free testosterone is the fraction, which indeed is binding to our receptors and stimulating our male characteristics. Normal ranges for "free" testosterone can be a bit tricky to interpret. You might need the help of an endocrinologist to really sort this out and determine if additional supplements would be helpful. In the interim, you should be evaluated for other causes of fatigue: inadequate rest, diet, exercise; anxiety/depression; medication side effects; opportunistic infections; anemia; etc.

anemia?
sick and tired of being tired