what is an ELISA test?

What is an ELISA test? is it blood work? Is it a common for a doctor do do an Elisa test in routine blood work? in other words if I go to the doctor that I am just not feeling well and he decides to do blood work would the Elisa test be included?

thank you for your time

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

The ELISA test is a blood test specifically used to screen for HIV disease. ELISA stands for Enzyme Linked Immuno Sorbent Assay. This test is not routinely ordered unless there is a suspicion of HIV disease. If you are not feeling well and are at risk for HIV, it might be a good idea to have this checked.

Quality of life: fatigue, career and some difficult decisions
Anemia, Depression, Irritability