Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fatigue, Night sweats, and worried
Feb 3, 2000

I had sex a little over six months ago and ever since then have been worried about contracting HIV. Mainly because the last 4 months my stool has been soft (I am a big worry wort). I had no other symptoms though it was driving me crazy so I told my mother. We went to the doctor and I got a parasite test for my stool and it came back negative. I was fine for a week or so and then caught the big Flu that was going around. I was down for about a week. When I came out of it I went to a men’s club with my friends. One girl was pretty crazy and ended up rubbing her vagina in my face on like 3 or 4 different occasions while she was dancing. About 3 or 4 days later I started to feel tired and had a slight fever. I got headaches, muscle aches, a mild sore throat that comes and goes, lost my appetite, got white spots on the back and sides of my tongue and was really down crying everyday that my sexual encounter 6 months ago was going to kill me because I had gotten HIV. I went and got an HIV test and it came back negative. About a week and a half later I started to get night sweats. I am really worried now. Could it be that it takes 6 months to feel symptoms? And does my test mean that I am clear or could my symptoms still have not shown up on the HIV test after 6 months. Or could it be the dancer. Would I see symptoms that fast? My mom said it could just be recurrences from the Flu or a similar virus. Or could I be worrying my self into night sweats and my other symptoms?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

I agree with your Mom. You might want to visit The Body's Safe Sex and Prevention Forum.

There's lots of good information there.

Previous
Fatigue
Next
can't remember?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.