Anna-Anne Life quality - feedback after some months

Hi Mr. Molaghan;

this time I have no specific question also because most of my doubts have been cleared by this web site, helping me to deal with my HIV+ status.

I'm Anne and I was asking you a suggestion about what to do with my stressy lifestyle, some months after being diagnosed with hiv. Your answer was useful, as I think it is the one you gave to Anna few days ago. In the first months, being an overachiever, thinking about changing my life was driving me crazy. All those years spent in running, for what? Now almost one year is passed. My life is still full AND stressy, but I learned to find time for myself. Time management always have been a problem for me, now with a little bit of planning I'm able to follow my interest and my job without feeling completely done at the end of the day. I listen to myself and learned to give the right priority to job, interest, private life. Sometimes is hard, there are sometimes bad morning in which I'm asking myself what is going to happen, but I finally understood that is a question with no answer, for me like for anybody else, included healthy people. If we think about life ending (it's going to happen to everybody), then dreams make no sense anymore. Having a dream or a project that we really want to pursue sometimes helps also to win or to better manage that tiredness or the blue mood. And when my body ask for some hours sleep more, or for a break, I found a way to make myself understand that rest is important and slowly became smart in managing my agenda. Thanks to routine hospital check on Wednesday morning (ITP is the matter and the official version for my company) I'm able to put a break in the middle of the week and that helps a lot.

Maybe being upset about the idea of changing a demanding lifestyle is strongly related to the process of accepting and getting the right attitude with HIV. Or at least it was for me. My stressy beloved life was a symbol of the healthy myself, the iron myself I somehow wanted back. Well, I'm still myself, with a different strength, with a new challenge and with HIV. And with a lot of dreams in a tight schedule; just, in this schedule I came first.

Thanks again for the good support. If Anna will be reading this, good luck and if you like to exchange experiences you'll find me at [e-mail address withheld]

Anne

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Anne,

It's good to hear from you again. Thanks for your feedback. I'm sure Anna will be interested in your comments. It's sounds like you're doing well. Keep up the good work.

Is this HIV fatigue
Fatigue