is my testosterone too low

My free testosterone level is 15. I'm always fatigued, Do you think this number is low for a 40 year old male. I have looked at many different sources and they all give different answers. I'm very confused do you have an opinion on this number?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

I can understand your confusion. The reference range for testosterone levels varies from institution to institution The "normal range" for a Free Testosterone level in a 40 year old male in the UCSF clinical laboratories is 5 - 210 Ng/L. Your result is at the low end of the normal range. A male with HIV disease who has a low free testosterone level, and is experiencing symptoms (fatigue, decreased appetite, loss of sexual desire, impotence) should be treated. You might also want to submit this question to The Body's Wasting, Diet, Nutrition and Exercise Forum. The doctors at that forum have lots of expertise in testosterone use.

Various Activities, and tired some of the time...mostly worried
HIV and thrombocytopenia