Various Activities, and tired some of the time...mostly worried

Doctor, For the past year and a half I have been obsessed and terrified with the idea that I may have exposed myself to HIV. I am still a virgin, however, I practiced mutual masturbation with my ex girlfriend of 8 months (fingered her) and gave her oral sex only twice (unprotected) for about 30 seconds each time. She gave me oral sex regularly and gave me mutual masturbation regularly (hand-job). We have been split up since March, 99. She is not known to be HIV+ but I am still very concerned that I may have put myself at risk. I am aware that I have participated in low-risk activities, but still continue to worry. I am now on the verge of having a new girlfriend, yet we have done nothing sexual yet. This is why I feel I need to get tested. Do you believe that I am worried for nothing? How much risk did I put myself at? Would being tested benefit me, or do you think that I am one of those that should seek counseling to solve my problems, if so, where can I go to? I've been scared for a year and a half, I don't want to be scared anymore. Signed...Terrified

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

It doesn't sound like you are at risk for HIV infection based on these activities, but your extensive fear of HIV infection is worrisome. You might want to visit The Body's Safe Sex and Prevention Forum for more information on risk assessment. It sounds like counseling might be a good idea since you have so much fear of HIV infection. You might also want to submit this question to The Body's HIV and Mental Health Forum. Good luck.

Iron Anemia
is my testosterone too low