Help!!!!Could I have.....................

Please help me!!!! I had unprotected sex about three years ago, and now I am having severe sore throats. Followed by high fever, chills and that is about it. I would like to get an aids test, without getting one. Is there a blood test I could take to put my worries to rest? thanks

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

It's unlikely that your exposure three years ago is the cause of your sore throat and fever now. You probably have an upper respiratory infection. The only blood test that will tell you if you are HIV positive is the actual HIV antibody blood test. There is also a saliva test for HIV, but this is usually followed by a confirmatory blood test if positive.

Anna- Anne
Looking for Anne...