|AZT related Anemia
Mar 27, 2000
What other HIV drugs, other than Combivir, contain AZT and therefore may cause anemia?
Response from Mr. Molaghan
Good question. It gets confusing when the same drug has many names. AZT was the name given to the infamous drug during clinical trials, and it has continued to be used by many. Zidovudine is the generic name of the AZT. Retrovir is the "trade" name of AZT. Combivir contains zidovudine (AZT) plus lamivudine (3TC),which is a frequently used in combination as part of HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy). Development of anemia can occur with any "AZT" containing regimen, and also can be effectively treated.
Retrovir } all contain AZT
ANEMIC -- Turnaround Time?
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.