high level of blood fat

Dear Dr,

I'm infected for 19 months. And since June of 1999, my blood fat keep rising. I never take any medicine against HIV. Do you think HIV can cause the high level of blood fat?

Can any common medicine( such as L-CARNITINE) make the blood fat lower?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Many people with HIV disease develop elevated "blood fat" (cholesterol, triglycerides etc), usually attributed to antiretroviral treatment with combination therapy. Please submit this question to The Body’s Wasting, Diet, Nutrition and Exercise Forum. You’ll find some helpful information there.

My wife has iron def. and cannot get ready of it, she may be HIV?
Anemia & Amphotericin-B