Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My wife has iron def. and cannot get ready of it, she may be HIV?
Apr 25, 2000

My wife for the last 12 months has been getting sick of everything. She used to be a very healthy person, but in the last six months she has been detected iron deficiency. AT the same time she gest sick of any and everything. I suspect she may have aids, and i want to help. The situation is difficult as i have never cheated on her, and i do not mind if she has. I love her. But i do not know how to ask her to get an HIV test, what if she is not! Does i am want to know the clear signs of the infection at the early stage. When she takes medicine, she gets quite ill by the medicine, e.g. antibiotics. Her iron after 6 months treatment was where it should, but in less than three months it got near the low edge again. PLease help me to know more.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

Iron deficiency anemia is common in many women, and is not necessarily a sign of HIV disease. Many women become iron deficient as a result of blood loss during menstruation (their period), however chronic iron deficiency can be a result of slow hidden bleeding or even a nutritional deficit. There is really no easy way to suggest HIV testing, and it may not be necessary. The best approach may be to sit down and have a heart to heart talk with her and ask how you can be of most help to her with this illness. It might help to talk with her and her physician together about the potential cause of her chronic anemia. Good luck.

Previous
immediate fatigue symptoms
Next
high level of blood fat

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.