HIV Proviral DNA by PCR Amplification

Dear Doc,

Q #1: What's the accuracy of such a test at 56 days?

The nurse drawing the blood used a tube w/ a yellow top that had some liquid (anticoagulant?) in it. I had read in previous messages that heparin would inhibit pcr. I mentioned this to her. She said that she wasn't sure what anticoagulant was contained in the tube, but that the procedures she was referencing to perform the test instructed the use of a yellow tube (I saw it in the book too).

Q #2: Is the color of the top of the tube standardized throughout the medical industry?

I want to have confidence in the results of this test. (And so does my psychiatrist) Thanks in advance for the info!

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Please submit this question to The Body’s Viral Load and Resistance Testing Forum.

Blood count
immediate fatigue symptoms