ritalin

I have heard that ritalin has been used in some cases for hiv medication induced fatigue. Do you have any information on this?

Thank you

It is always best to treat the cause of a condition rather than covering up a symptom. Fatigue in the setting of HIV disease is incredibly common. Potential causes should be evaluated thoroughly. These would include anemia, depression, lack of adequate rest, hormonal deficiencies, and endocrinologic problems.

Anemia, for instance, is very common in the setting of HIV disease. Treatment of even mildly depressed hemoglobin levels has led to significant improvements in energy level and quality of life. Certain medication, such as AZT (in Combivir or Retrovir), can induce anemia, which results in fatigue.

I would suggest that you try to pinpoint the exact cause of the fatigue before resorting to using stimulants.

RJF

HIV+ Partner
I've Had it has done it!