Tired and depressed...

I'm a 36 yr old HIV+ male. I tested positive back in 1986. I just started a cocktail treatment of Sustiva, Epivir and Zerit. I also started treatment of 200mg testosterone replacement therapy injection every 2 weeks. From all the information I've read I know that the side effects should lessen or disappear in a 2-6 weeks. In the mean time what can I do to get through this time? Is short-term disability the only option? Is there certain foods, prescriptions or other means that can help me get through this trying time?

What side effects are you having? Sustiva may cause a variety of symptoms, including nightmares, anxiety, and difficulty sleeping. These usually subside within a few weeks. Epivir and Zerit are generally well tolerated with few early side effects. Over time, Zerit may cause some discomfort in your feet and hands, which is called neuropathy. Testosterone injections increase the level of testosterone in your system quickly and may be associated with some symptoms of increased libido and aggressive behavior. Depending on which of the side effect you are experiencing, certain interventions may prove helpful. Let us know if you need advice on specific symptoms.

Best of luck.

RJF

What is this?
napping in afternoon all the time