Bone Marrow Suppression

I've recently been diagnosed with HIV, my Doctor told me that from my levels, I have been positive between ten and fifteen years. I don't know very much about the numbers and counts yet, I start to see a specialist the end of May. My Questions are about bone marrow suppression. What causes it? Is there anything that I can do to help it?

I am a very healthy person, never missed a day of work in ten years on the job, I would not have even known that I was Positive if I hadn't gone to the ER three weeks ago complaining about pain in my chest. They did not find anything wrong there, but my blood work was abnormal and they told me to see my primary care physician, whom I'd never seen. My WBC,RBC, and Platelets where critical, and my hemoglobin was low.

I guess I really wanted to know if there is anything I can do between now and the 30th that can help with the bone marrow suppression.

Thank You

Tracy

Bone marrow suppression can result from a variety of causes. Finding the specific cause will lead to the appropriate treatment. Common causes include certain infections, such as parvovirus B19, and drug toxicities, such as AZT or chemotherapy. Therefore, if your bone marrow is indeed suppressed, the first order of business is to determine the cause.

Best of luck.

RJF

can't seem to tolerate vitamins
What's wrong with me?